Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sex and the City

Well, as I have said - any excuse to bake - so I made myself a Birthday cake! hahaha. But I didn't know what to do - there are quite a few cakes that I would like to try, but they are mostly children's cakes! I am a huge SATC fan, so decided on a bit of a SATC theme. If you are a fan, hopefully your will 'get it'!

It is no where near perfect, but I didn't stress over it - it's only for me! I made a huge mistake, and ended up having to put the ribbon border thingy on the lid of the 'shoebox' which looks silly - but the actual bow, I was going to put that on. I was also going to put the lid on on an angle, but forgot *doh*. Ahhh well - my customer is happy with it hehehe.

The photos aren't real good - hoping to get better ones tomorrow in daylight.

So here it is!

'Shoebox' - chocolate mud cake, vanilla buttercream crumb coat, fondant covered and ribbon, gumpaste bow.
'Manolo Blahnik heel' - just made the shoe up - gumpaste.
'Fendi purse' - also made this up - gumpaste.
'Love keyring' - from the movie - royal icing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: