Monday, January 26, 2009

Australia Day

Any excuse to bake! Last night I tried out a new cupcake recipe, and this morning I thought I would turn some into lamingtons! Soooo yummy!

It worked out really well, as when you make the normal slab cake, then cut into squares - you end up with crumbs everywhere and in the chocolate icing. With the cupcakes, they held their shape - no crumbs in the icing!

Photobucket

Mmmmmm

Photobucket

I had some Betty Crocker icing in the fridge, and thought - I have stuffed my diet already with these - why not ruin it some more hahaha So sliced them in half and spread some icing in the middle.

Photobucket

At the moment I have lamb roasting in the oven. About 1.5 hours before we want to eat, I will steam some veges, then throw them in with the lamb until golden. Yummo!

A week or 2 ago I made a lamb stew in the slowcooker - I just haven't gotten around to posting these yet. It was nice - might be a bit bland for some - but for us it was good.

I chopped up some onion, celery, carrots, beans and potatoes.

Photobucket

I got this lamb roast, as it was the cheapest cut at the time

Photobucket

And chopped it into fairly large chunks

Photobucket

I then put some flour, salt and pepper into a freezer bag, threw in the lamb and shook it up to coat. Then I browned the lamb in a pan with some olive oil:

Photobucket

Throw it all into the slow cooker with some beef stock and tomato paste

Photobucket

Cook on high for about 5 hours or until potatoes are tender

Photobucket

No comments: